- Manage all production personnel RR&Es (Roles, Responsibilities & Expectations) including but not limited to: Safety & technical training, 5S, standardized work, shift to shift communications, work schedules & overtime management, labeling and operational improvements, coaching and leadership presence to support all production initiatives, etc.
- Coach, develop and, track training initiatives for team members by auditing their abilities and verifying use of standard work
- Participate and be engaged with process trouble-shooting & scrap focus efforts (cross-sections, A3’s, PDCA, issue timelines, develop standard responses / actions for scrap issues)
- Ensure adequate production / operational coverage (overtime, vacation, sick days, etc.) with fairness, efficiency and financial responsibility
- Assist (as necessary) in warranty root cause analysis
- Participate in new business quotation opportunities, lending and supporting best practices and lending operational / production guidance
- Lead by positive example, teach, coach & manage all production personnel, show a work ethic, commitment and positive attitude second to none and teach, demand and enforce impeccable housekeeping and quality of work – Hold individuals accountable for performance. Never accept status quo.
- Observe and comply with all federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations associated with this role and responsibility
- Learn and adapt quickly to changing business conditions / needs
- Develop your replacements – Create career development plans to further improve the team.
- Successful experience in the following areas: effective employee relations, progressive discipline and counseling of employees, and managing up to 30 employees per shift
- Skilled with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to lead, coach and manage a diverse production workforce in a dynamic environment
- Ability to stand or walk on concrete floor for 8+ hours
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in fluctuating temperatures & perform work indoors / outdoors as needed.
- Ability to work with hands (Fine motor agility)
- Bachelor’s degree in management or related field / degree
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed