Product Development Engineer
The Engineering Department at SRG Global headquarters in Troy, Michigan is searching for an engineering professional with a passion for driving continuous improvement in process efficiency and effectiveness.
This position is responsible for providing the required technical direction and focus necessary to support the award, development and launch of new programs and product applications with the automotive OEM’s.
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and knowledge sought below but, of equal importance, he or she will be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and be a creative thinker. This is a “hands-on” position that will work across the organization in a competitive atmosphere. Working effectively with cross-functional teams is crucial for success.
Primary single source contact for all engineering issues associated with each program that you are assigned.
• Provide engineering support during product launch at our facility and the customer’s facility
• Ensure the new product is designed and engineered to achieve targeted quality and productivity levels.
• Occasional travel to out-of-state manufacturing facilities
• Meet and understand all Program Timing requirements and all customer deliverables.
• Utilize strong customer service skills when interfacing with customers.
• Direct and approved any assembly drawing changes
• Take a leadership role in identifying root cause of problems found, develop solutions and implement changes for problems as they arise from prototype to production builds.
• Identify special build requirements and obtain parts necessary for build and/or retrofit.
• Manage supply base for subassemblies and incoming material to ensure launch quality and timing dates are meet
The ideal candidate will possess competencies in most of the skills and knowledge described above, and more importantly, will need to be highly committed and motivated. We desire to hire an individual who has excellent written and verbal communication skills, is confident yet humble, respectful of others, driven and possess the courage to challenge the status quo and share knowledge.
What do we have to offer?
As a Guardian company, we are committed to offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity for you to maximize your potential. We pride ourselves in promoting career opportunities in an open environment, which encourages individual development and gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge and work as part of a global team. We offer a unique professional experience in a culture based on integrity, compliance and value creation. If you are interested in finding out more about our culture, please visit us on our website: