Quality Engineer - Automotive
Major Duties and Job Responsibilities:
· Represent the SRG team in a professional way to the Customer, Supplier and Internal Management.
· Motivate the SRG team to meet established commitments.
· Build the SRG team technically and personally through mentoring and coaching.
· Resolve conflicts between team members, departments and the customer.
· Ability to identify root cause of a problem, develop corrective action and lead team to resolution.
Quality Management and Planning:
· Act as the central communication point regarding your customers for the team to ensure that each member is aware of their impact, deliverables and timing commitments at all times.
· Trains and coaches the team to ensure compliance to quality standards.
· Provides team the necessary information needed to perform tasks.
· Anticipate risk caused by changes and developing mitigation strategy.
· Establish a documented implementation plan and containment action for launch.
· Work with the team to ensure all necessary resources are in place for launch.
· Foster effective working relationship between the plant team, supplier team and customer team.
· Manage the PPAP process, including pre-production PPAP, post-production PPAP and Customer PPAP requirements.
Passionate Customer Care:
· Demonstrate virtue consistent with the Market Based Management Guiding Principles in dealings with the customer, internally and suppliers.
· Fosters positive working relationships with appropriate customer, internal and supplier contacts.
· Recognized by customer, internally and supplier as key contact for quality.
· Consistently meets dates and commitments given via open issues list and timing schedules.
· Gain internal consensus on changes prior to communicating to customer.
· Archive and retain key correspondence and documents.
· Understand customer's organization and procedures in detail.
The specific statements in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to perform the job successfully. SRG Global reserves the right to modify and expand job responsibilities and duties over time.
Technical Undergraduate Degree (or demonstrated work experience as a Quality Engineer)
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing or Materials in a fast paced manufacturing setting, including a minimum of two (2) years of working experience in the Automotive Industry (Tier 1 preferred) including at least one launch.
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead a group and to successfully lead projects with suppliers and customers
· Does not avoid difficult issues or decisions.
· Must have working knowledge of engineering drawings and understand technical specifications
· Must be proactive, thorough, detail oriented, self-motivated, a strong team player, a strong communicator, flexible, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and someone who takes initiative.
· Demonstrated ability to interact well with personnel at all levels of the organization as well as customer/suppliers
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project & Power Point)
· Ability to travel as needed (10 - 25%)
What do we have to offer?
As a Guardian company, we are committed to offer a competitive compensation package and an opportunity for you to maximize your potential. We pride ourselves in promoting career opportunities in an open environment, which encourages individual development and gives you opportunities to expand your knowledge and work as part of a global team. We offer a unique professional experience in a culture based on integrity, compliance and value creation. If you are interested in finding out more about our culture, please visit us on our website: