The Business Unit Manager has full authority and accountability for the revenues, costs, and profits of a customer centric operating unit within the organization. He/she will accomplish objectives by working with their direct reports and partnering with the plant support teams to reduce waste throughout their value streams. The value streams consist of Injection Molding, Painting, Plating, and Assembly operations for automotive decorative trim components. This role reports directly to the Plant Manager to ensure they have the appropriate decisions rights to influence change.
- Develop and execute strategies for customer specific KPIs that ensure safety, quality, delivery and cost reduction initiatives for the respective business unit while leveraging data to drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Drive productivity results through efficiency gains balancing capacity to demand while managing direct labor efficiency.
Value Stream Focus
- Develop and manage business unit operating budget; ensure achievement of financial objectives
- Establish, improve, and sustain KPI performance; leverage data to prioritize actions and drive continuous improvement
- Identify and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Champion a high commitment and performance culture by actively communicating Market Based Management (MBM) vision mission and values – anchored in MBM’s Guiding Principles.
- Drive environmental excellence and comply with all laws
- Recruit, manage and continuously develop the business unit leadership team including engineering, quality, and other support staff to achieve departmental and plant objectives
- Interpret and enforce company policies rules and safety regulations and quality methods to supervisors and employees
- Analyze and resolve work related issues/problems/complaints and/or assist production supervisors in solving work related issues/problems/complaints
- Plans and aligns; plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Instills trust; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty integrity and authenticity
- Build effective teams and drive engagement; build strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization win
- Drives result; consistently achieve results even under tough circumstances
- Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Interpersonal Savvy; relates comfortably and builds relationships with people across levels functions culture and geography
- Decision Quality; makes sound decisions even in the absence of complete information